Trinational Entrepreneurship Forum on November 13 in Freiburg
After a successful first edition in Mulhouse (FR), the Trinational Entrepreneurship Forum is coming to Freiburg this year! The trinational event brings together startup supporters, founders and investors from the border triangle and, in addition to inspiring lectures and discussions, offers the opportunity for exchange and networking.
- When: Monday, November 13 I 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: Kreativpark Lokhalle in Freiburg
- 14:00: Welcome Coffee & program overview
- 14:30: Introduction speech on cross-border innovation
- 14:45: Guided Speed dating among participants (startup support organizations, founders, investors)
- 15:30: Small group workshops on good practices
- 16:15: Discussion
- 16:35: Outlook into the future
- 16:45: Apero & Networking
Meet The Hub-Team
Peter Neske, Innovation Lead of the Pfizer Healthcare Hub Freiburg and Oana Stürz, Innovation Engineer at the Healthcare Hub, will also be on site. We are looking forward to new contacts and inspiring discussions!Register here
Save the date: The Hightech Summit on 15 November
The Hightech Summit brings together the IT and digitalization industry of Baden-Württemberg: Decision-makers from innovation and transformation departments, business development and venturing, banks and municipalities should make a note of November 15. At the Hightech Summit, participants have the opportunity to discuss current topics and developments, to find out about the latest trends in workshops and to network. A traditional highlight is the presentation of the CyberOne Award, which is taking place for the 25th time this year.
- When: 15.11.2023, 1.00 pm - 9.00 pm
- Where: L-Bank Stuttgart
- Registration at: https://events.bwcon.de/events/hightech-summit-2023/
- The event is free of charge
25 years of CyberOne: THE business plan competition for innovative, sustainable and digital business concepts in "THE LÄND"
bwcon is the leading business initiative for the promotion of Baden-Württemberg as a location for innovation and high-tech and has been organizing the summit since 2015. "The competition has become an impressive tradition and offers a great opportunity to demonstrate the potential of innovations and technologies in our region," says Michael Krug, CEO of bwcon.
Innovative tech startups based in Baden-Württemberg were able to apply until May 2023. All submissions have received feedback on their business plan from knowledgeable experts. The nine finalists also underwent intensive, two-day coaching at the entrepreneurial school and benefit from visibility among investors and the press and a high probability of follow-up financing and follow-up projects.
The expert jury selected three companies from each of the categories Healthcare and Life Science, ICT and Media and Creative Industries and Industrial Technologies. The three finalists from the Healthcare & Life Science sector are:
- PHABIOC develops and distributes novel tools such as biomimetic barriers, microtiter plates and analytical instruments for small-scale studies and high-throughput screenings in the pharmaceutical industry and biotechnology. The innovative tools impress with their simplicity and uniqueness and offer the possibility of making analysis methods faster and more sustainable.
- coreway is the first health application that enables people with chronic inflammatory bowel diseases to detect relapses at an early stage and thus reduce symptoms. By monitoring and predicting relapses through the application, the quality of life of those affected is to be improved.
- Aptamimetics was founded in 2020 with the aim of developing novel and cost-effective high-tech raw materials for the biotechnology industry. Modern cell-based products such as cell and gene therapies, therapeutic antibodies or cultured meat can sustainably improve the lives of numerous patients and customers and make the product accessible to all.
The winners of the CyberOne Award can look forward to prize money of €15,000.
Meet the Hub-Team
At the end of the evening, there will be the opportunity to network with the top-class speakers, the founders of up-and-coming startups, as well as representatives from companies, venturing and banks. Peter Neske will also be present as Innovation Lead of the Pfizer Healthcare Hub and bwcon board member. We are looking forward to inspiring insights, lively discussions and new contacts!More information and registration
Emphasizing innovative patient solutions: E-Health Salon on September 21
Digitalization creates healthcare opportunities not only in terms of facilitating faster communication and more efficient administrative processes for professionals, but also in the realms of patient diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment. The possibilities within the e-health domain are extensive, continually evolving, and necessitate regular exchanges among healthcare stakeholders. The E-Health Salon brings together experts from established companies, academia, health insurers, and startups to share insights on current developments and collaboratively explore approaches for future solutions in patient care. Given the rapid advancements in the e-health sector, the event promises exciting insights into digital transformation, especially considering innovative health insurance.
- When: September 21
- Where: Wartehalle Berlin
Meet the Hub-Team
The Pfizer Healthcare Hub Berlin supports the E-Health Salon as a partner. Thorsten Mintel, Director Strategic Innovation, and Paulina Achter, Jr. Innovation Manager, will be live on site and are looking forward to the insights and interesting conversations. Together with Tobias Bachmann, Head of Market Access of Selfapy, they will also present their learnings from Pfizer's first DiGA collaboration.https://hc-spirit.de/e-health-salon-2023
The meeting of the startup scene Rhine-Neckar and THE LÄND: Start-up BW Night on July 13
40 startups from all over Baden-Württemberg, the 2023 state finals of the Start-up BW Elevator Pitch, a diverse supporting program, live music and, last but not least, the chance to network and exchange ideas with young and established companies, experts and investors: A visit to the Start-up BW Night is worthwhile!
Start-up BW, the start-up campaign of the state of Baden-Württemberg, enters its second round with the Start-up BW Night: In Mannheim's Jungbusch, Baden-Württemberg's start-up scene meets the public and shows which innovations and young companies are currently emerging in the Rhine-Neckar ecosystem and in THE LÄND.
- When: July 13, 4 - 10 p.m.
- Where: Mannheim | Jungbusch Musikpark/ C-HUB
- Admission free
Meet the Hub Team
In the Information Zone you will find contact persons from the start-up ecosystem and the accelerators. Here you have the opportunity to talk to experts, ask your questions face-to-face and pick up valuable tips. Peter Neske from the Pfizer Healthcare Hub Freiburg will also be on site in Mannheim.
Pitching Stage // Port 25/C-HUB
At the 2023 state finals of the Start-up BW Elevator Pitch, the 22 teams that have prevailed in the regional and special cups will compete on the main stage and try to convince the expert jury of their idea. In addition, the final of the Start-up BW Young Talents will be held, where students will be in the spotlight and present their ideas.
Main Stage // Musikpark:
From insights into Mannheim's start-up scene to the award ceremony for Elevator Pitch and Young Talents - a varied program awaits you on the Main Stage:
- 16:00 - 16:15: Opening
- 16:15 - 17:55: Insights from Mannheim and the region part 1
- 17:55 - 18:15: 4 Engines for Europe
- 18:15 - 18:45: Start-up BW Young Talents award ceremony
- 18:45 - 19:00: The Start-up Länd and the City
- 19:00 - 20:15: Insights from Mannheim and the region part 2
- 20:15 - 21:00: Best of 5 Start-up BW Elevator Pitch
- 21:00 - 21:15: Start-up BW Elevator Pitch Awards
- 21:15 - 21:20: Handing over of Start-up BW Accelerator Plaques
- 21:20 - 22:00: Live music
We look forward to meeting you at the Mannheim Start-up BW Night 2023!More information