i4Challenge 2022 is now open for applications!
Have you developed innovative solutions, new approaches, next-generation products or services for the digital transformation of Industry 4.0? Then the i4Challenge is the right place for you! SMEs, startups and individuals can apply for the challenge until the end of July.
Focused on innovative solutions, new approaches and next generation products or services for industrial transformation, the i4Challenge offers a platform to help SME’s, startups and Industry 4.0 projects promote their products or services. The ultimate goal of the program is to enable a thriving production technology and industrial innovation ecosystem.
Depending on the stage of the project, applicants can register for one of the two categories "New Idea" or "Innovative Solution".Learn more and apply today
Apply for the "4C Accelerator Tübingen" until July 22!
The "4C Accelerator Tübingen" of Medical Innovations Incubator GmbH is THE qualification program for national and international founders and startups from the medical life science and health sector and includes the focused training in the 4Cs and the Regulatory Thinking® approach. Together with experts, your business model will be further developed and made "investor-ready".
Compared to other industries the survival of life science startups is particularly challenging due to long time periods and the capital requirement until market maturity. This is particularly due to the 4Cs:
- C1 | Commercialization: planning revenue in healthcare system (e.g. reimbursement by insurances)
- C2 | Certification: approval of product & company
- C3 | Clinical Studies: prove evidence of the product
- C4 | Copyright: use data / property rights strategically
The goal of the program
With the program you will be able to answer i.a. the following questions:
- Am I actually developing a medical device and if so, how do I determine this?
- Which norms and standards do I have to consider?
- Do I know the similarities between company certification and product approval?
- What renumeration options does my product have in the health system?
- Is a reimbursement by health insurance companies desirable for my product?
- Is my product attractive for the self-pay market?
Your benefits at a glance:
- Top-class experts: The program works with top-class experts who represent a decisive added value for participating teams. These hold senior positions in industry, are proven subject matter experts or seasoned entrepreneurs which guarantees the appropriate experience and quality of guidance to offer.
- Individual Feedback & Education: During 17 workshop days high-profile external experts will elaborate the 4Cs on the individual needs of each team in sessions that are individually tailored.
- Continuous project management: During 1 year we will guide you in processing the work packages resulting from the 17 workshop days. Progress is discussed in frequent project review meetings and necessary measures are derived.
Who can apply?
Eligible are all national and international students, professionals, founding teams and innovators, including clinicians, nurses, lab technicians, scientists who want to translate their innovative ideas into health solutions of the following domains:
- Medical Devices (gadgets, machines, instruments, implants)
- Therapeutics (drugs, active ingredients)
- Diagnostics (laboratory tests or procedures)
- Digital Health (data, analytics, software, monitoring)
When will the workshop take place?
Date: October 7, 2022 – February 17, 2023, ever Friday, 9am to 5 pm
(except December 23 and 30, January 6)
Format: Online video conference
The working language is English. Individuals and teams can apply until July 22, 2022. The program is funded by the "Start-Up BW" campaign by the Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Economic Affairs, the Stiftung für Medizin-Innovationen and the B. Braun Foundation.Find more information and the application form on the Website of the MII
Apply for the German digital award "The Spark"
With "The Spark – The German Digital Prize", Handelsblatt and McKinsey & Company are honoring forward-looking business models for the seventh time that have a significant and lasting impact on our society. This year, startups that have dedicated themselves to the transformation of the medical and healthcare industry are invited to apply.
Focus topic 2022: Medical Life Tech
The Spark serves as a monitor for the revolutionaries, new thinkers and pioneers of the day after tomorrow: The award-winning startups have been able to develop into leading market participants in their field within the last few years. This year, the initiators are looking for entrepreneurs from the fields of medical research, medtech, pharmaceuticals, biotech, digital health and e-health who improve processes, procedures, automation and diagnostics or interfaces throughout the entire lifecycle with innovative technologies.
Benefits for the winners at a glance
As finalist and winner you will receive:
- valuable contacts, a competent network and relevant access
- a high-reach platform where you can present your company
- Reputation through a recognized award
Apply online until June 3!
Applications can now be submitted online at www.the-spark.de. Startup teams from Germany, Austria and Switzerland can apply. All applicants will once again go through a multi-stage selection process this year before the best ten finalists present themselves to the top-class jury in the live pitches. The winners will be announced at the award ceremony on 29 September.More information about "The Spark"
Innovation & Entrepreneurship beyond borders: The first trinational startup event
Promoting cooperation and dialogue between startup ecosystems across national borders and strengthening the border triangle as an economic region - with these goals in mind, the most important representatives of the startup ecosystems from Germany, France and Switzerland met for the first time in Mulhouse on 26 April. From Germany, among others, the Grünhof, the SMART GREEN ACCELERATOR and we from the Pfizer Healthcare Hub were there.
Together instead of independent and independent
What are the starting points for future cooperation? How can the individual ecosystems benefit from each other? And what could a joint startup strategy look like to make the region even more attractive and competitive for startups? In addition to getting to know each other in speed dating rounds, the participants worked out answers to these and to similar questions in workshops and talked about current challenges, especially the topics of Life Sciences and sustainable production were discussed many times.
An inspiring event! Many thanks to the initiators of FWTM, Startinsland, Semia and Basel Area Business & Innovation for this platform of open exchange for the further development and networking of the various ecosystems!